CLASS: Paint Your Pet
CLASS: Paint Your Pet
Paint your Pet!
Saturday & Sunday classes
Some weekday classes.
Mimosa classes 12pm - 3pm
(bring your own champagne, OJ provided)
*looking for a specific fundraiser? They each have their own registration button. Click here and scroll down the page.
2690 Historic Decatur Rd
#201 Barracks 19 (upstairs)
San Diego, CA 92107
Work at Your Pace (up to 3 hours)
Step by Step Instruction
Family Fun (well behaved kids welcome)
All Supplies & pre-drawn pet included in price
Email a photo of your pet to be pre-drawn on your canvas
Perfect for Beginner Painters
(80% of my students are painting newbies)
11x14 canvas (1 pet /canvas)
Pre-drawn pet (email photo 2 days prior to class)
**You will be painting from a photograph. Please do not bring your pet to class. It will be too distracting**
**email 2-3 photographs of your pet at least 2 days prior to the scheduled class.
Skills you Will be Introduced to:
Lovejoy Creations has brought this class to you with the intent of bringing you more fun ways to honor the bond between pets and their owners. This class is delivered in a simplistic and encouraging manner, great for those that have never painted as well as those that have. Lovejoy is a very gifted and positive instructor, she will guide you through not only the steps of painting your pet but also through the mental steps of self acceptance as you do something you have never done before. Trust; as Lovejoy walks you through both processes, (Feel free to check her yelp reviews)
There is no Right or Wrong way to paint.
Art is merely the capture of a feeling at the time it was created.
Painting is like handwriting, everyone has their own style and with practice you will develop skills and a comfort level. Painting is highly therapeutic and healing. Many people in my classes have painted one of their pets that had passed; All stated how much better they felt after honoring their loved one.
Please email 2-3 in-focus photos at least 2 days prior to the event (sooner is better)
Lovejoycreations@gmail.com (confirmation will be replied)
This photo will be sketched onto your 11x14 canvas
If you do not email your photo, then Lovejoy can not prepare your canvas and steps, and she will not have time to do that during class.
Choose clear and in-focus photos of your pet.
The night of your class:
- Bring a positive and willing attitude
- Arrive 10 mins early to get settled
- Lovejoy will give an intro and demonstration of the brushes & paint palette
- Choose your back ground colors (your favorite color or something to match your house)
- Lovejoy will give another demonstration on painting of the colors of the fur
- Paint the various shades of your pet
- Lovejoy will give a demonstration for painting the eyes and nose
(illustrated cards will be available to reiterate the eye demonstration)
- You will accomplish a lot in 3 hours of painting, it is a process. Be kind to yourself especially if you are doing this for the first time ever. There is no such thing as perfect in art, but you will find comfort in practice.
- Lovejoy is more than happy to put on a few final touches on your painting at the end of class.
If you find the eyes overwhelming to paint, do not worry. Lovejoy will help you.